Capture The Coig Photo Story Competition
The competition comprises an overall winner, a monthly winner and two runners up each month.
A monthly theme for the photo story competition called #CaptureTheCoig will be announced on the 1st of each month via social media and on thecoig.com.
Entries for each themed month must shared on social media by 30th or 31st of each month. The overall competition closes on 31/12/2021.
Entry to this competition is only available via the use of the competition hashtag #CaptureTheCoig on either the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media platform. Any invalid or inappropriate images will not be considered. By entering you agree to all our terms and conditions.
Entrants must be 18yrs or over.
Amateur and professional photographers resident in the UK may enter.
Entrants may enter as many images in as many months as they like.
The prizes are as stated: thecoig.com/blog/CaptureTheCoig.
Submitted images must be taken by the named entrant with them having full rights to the image.
Should the image feature someone as the main focus, the photographer must also have permission to use their image as part of the submission.
No responsibility can be accepted by The Coig for entries not received for whatever reason.
The overall winner of Capture The Coig 2021 will be awarded to the entrant the judges deem to be the single best image out of all the themed months.
The Coig’s decision is final.
The Coig retains the rights to use the images on their websites, social media channels, newspapers and any other outlet at no further cost. However, the ownership of the photograph remains with the person that took the photograph and we will note credits as appropriate.
The Coig may use winning images for general promotion of tourism on the region, including, but not limited to, social media, advertising campaigns and use on thecoig.com. Winners will be contacted before use.
1.1 Open to residents of the UK only. Void where prohibited by local law.
1.2 All Directors, employees and the immediate families of The Coig (“Promoter”), or its agents or partners, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
1.4 This promotion closes on 31/12/2021 for receipt of all entries.
HOW TO ENTER
2.1. Share your image and story on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #CaptureTheCoig. All winners will be contacted via direct message on their chosen social media platform.
2.2 Proof of online submission of entry will not constitute proof of receipt or delivery. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
2.3. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries or any claims as a result of being lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, or because of technical failures or otherwise, including such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies.
2.4 The Promoter reserves the right to require the winner(s) to provide proof of identity, age and residency, as the Promoter may deem necessary. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
2.5 Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited. Third party entries, or those made online using bulk methods such as the use of automated devices, processes, or syndicated entries are not allowed, and all such entries will be disqualified. Entrants who purposefully do not give correct details in order to manipulate the promotion will be disqualified. You may not disable, hack or overcome any of our online systems or security features.
3.1 A winner plus two runners up will be selected from all eligible entries received by the closing date each month of 2021. Each month will have a theme for entrants to follow and the monthly winner will be drawn during the first week of the following month.
3.2 One overall winner will be selected within 28 days of the close of the competition on 31/12/2021.
3.3 By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the prize draw. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in the forfeiture of the prize.
3.4 These Terms and Conditions are subject to change, review and/or update at any time.
4.1 The winners will each receive one of the following prizes:
- The overall competition winner will receive a luxury staycation in 2022.
- The monthly winner will receive a bespoke luxury hamper provided by The Coig and Geraldo’s of Largs.
4.2 The prizes are strictly subject to availability.
4.3 The prize is as stated and is non-transferable, and non-refundable. No cash or other alternative is available (in whole or in part), except that in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
4.4 All entrants must be aged 18 years or over and be resident in the UK.
4.5 The Coig is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party or sponsor connected with this competition.
4.6 It is the responsibility of the entrant to monitor the following for updates during this period:
- Their direct messages on the social media platform from which they submitted their entry, spam/junk/others folder
- The Coig website
- The Coig social media pages (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) where notifications will be publicised widely
5.1 The winners will be notified via direct message on their chosen social media platform. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the winner does not accept the prize or in the event of non-compliance with these prize draw Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
USE OF IMAGES
By submitting images to The Coig’s #CaptureTheCoig Photo Story Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- c) they have the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by The Coig and will fully indemnify The Coig against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- d) they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by The Coig (see clause 14); and
- e) they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by The Coig and will fully indemnify The Coig against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
14) By submitting an image/s you hereby grant to The Coig and its partners and associated organisations, sponsors and supporters a non-exclusive, perpetual , worldwide, free and irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for commercial and non-commercial purpose. This may include, but is not limited to:
- a) display at any exhibitions;
- b) on a secure web browser for judging purposes;
- d) on the websites of sponsors and supporters;
- e) on Social Media networks
- f) for use in press releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press giving information about or promoting the competition.
Copyright of each image is retained by its respective photographer. If an image is short-listed, the photographer may be asked to supply a high-resolution copy and an extended caption for that image. This caption will be subject to the terms 13a and 14. Finalists agree to take part in post-competition publicity. All winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by The Coig in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prize or otherwise.
15) The Coig reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition that it feels may breach or contravene laws of public decency or may bring the photographer, the competition, The Coig, its partner organisations or any of its sponsors into disrepute. Digital adjustments are allowed but the integrity of the image must be maintained and the making of physical changes to the image is not permitted (removing fences, moving trees, stripping in sky from another image etc). The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any image that they feel lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation. Such entries will be deemed as void and any costs incurred will not be refunded.
16) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Should the entries fall below the standard required by the competition organisers and the judges, then the organisers reserve the right not to award prizes. The organisers also reserve the right not to award a prize if they are aware, or have reasonable grounds to believe a winner is not eligible.
17) All images should be submitted on social media (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) using the hashtag #CaptureTheCoig.
18) All personal details will be used by The Coig and competition partners for the purposes of this competition in accordance with data protection legislation. Personal data will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent.
19) By accepting the terms and conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with The Coig. Once entered, images cannot be withdrawn unless the organisers are notified of a permissions problem, in which case the images will be withdrawn on request of the copyright holder (entrant).
20) The Coig shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of participation in, or other involvement with, the competition, to the extent allowed by law and shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond it reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled or any prize being taken up.
21) The information given in these Terms and Conditions is correct, but The Coig reserves the right to change any of the above without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may request the return of that prize.
6.1 The Promoter, and all partners and prize providers, and their respective affiliates, agents, successors, employees, officers, directors and assigns are not responsible if any portion of the prize cannot be awarded or used due to circumstances beyond the Promoter and any prize provider’s reasonable control.
6.2 The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this prize draw without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control that makes it reasonably necessary to do so but will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants.
6.3 The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the prize draw, or the The Coig website, or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
6.4 The prize draw and these Terms and Conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of Scotland, which shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the prize draw or these Terms and Conditions.
6.5 The winners may be required to participate in publicity arranged by the Promoter/ Prize providers* or its agencies, and the name and county of the winner will be released under Condition 7.1 upon request.
6.6 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to restrict your statutory rights as a consumer, or seeks to exclude or limit the Promoter’s or the prize provider’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or for fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
6.7 The Promoter will not be liable to reimburse your costs or expenses incurred in entering the competition (if any).
7.1 To obtain the name and county of the winner send a Self-Addressed Envelope to “c/o The Coig, Scottish Maritime Museum, 6 Gottries Road, Irvine, KA12 8QE” by no later than 3 months after the closing date.
8.1 Coig Limited, 6 Gottries Road, Irvine, KA12 8QE.
9.1 Coig Limited, 6 Gottries Road, Irvine, KA12 8QE.